D18571: Add "apply on double-click" feature to most other recent ported KCMs

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 29 04:27:54 GMT 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D18571#401553 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18571#401553>, @ngraham wrote:

  > One of the things I loved about macOS when I was a user was how many little hidden accelerators like this were sprinkled throughout the OS. You don't find them unless you go looking, but once you've found them, they're indispensable. There was a whole website I used to follow back in the day to learn about even more of them: https://hints.macworld.com/
  >
  > I don't think this would be too non-discoverable anyway; I was actually surprised that a double-click //didn't// function this way the first time I tried it. Double-click on a grid element to select + apply seems fairly natural to me at least.

  I think having some hidden, non-essential features that speed things up here and there is not a bad idea. It's not an objective reason, but I think a lot of people enjoy finding features like these. It turns the software into something to be mastered while still appearing simple at first. One of my favorite pieces of software, FL Studio, is absolutely littered with these kinds of features (perhaps going too far with it) and everyone who uses it loves sharing tips and tricks and finding new ones. It helps bring FL Studio users together and makes them more proud of being FL Studio users.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  new-kcms-apply-on-double-click (branched from Plasma/5.15)