Monday meeting minutes for 2019-01-28 (week 5)

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Mon Jan 28 14:29:39 GMT 2019

d_ed
====

‎I did a few little bug fixes, mostly in the cursors KCM
‎In bigger changes, my patch supporting shadows in KWindowSystem is
nearly done
‎That reminds me. I had a tiny compositor written in kwayland that used
to recreate the firefox issue
‎Firefox now works there !
‎...but still fails in kwin
‎so it seems something in FF has been fixed accidentally - but we now
still need to revisit everything on the kwin side

notmart
=======

Kirigami
* Fixed a bug in PageRow whenre replacing the first page didn't work and
just gave an empty window
* Merged Collapsible drawer items branch
* started a partial reimplementation of PageRow in C++ (to optimize
memory consumption and fix some bugs that are tricky with qml-only, as
well as features
* fixed paddings in SwipeListItem
KWin
* continued patches for wayland virtual desktops rows, accepted and landed

romangg
=======

Decided to move pushing my Xwl DND patches to next week to wait for
after Frameworks release.
Have patches for improved Wayland backend on phab: D18465
  Diff 18465 "[platforms/wayland] Multi output support" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D18465
Patch for Xwl Multi DPI: D18486
  Diff 18486 "[RFC] XWayland Multi DPI support" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D18486
some other patches are on review which I will push in the coming two
weeks. Currently looking into xdg-output support to Weston.
which might come in handy for testing multi dpi.

bshah
=====

- Preparing qt5.12 in neon, landing tomorrow at best
- Preparing for PlaMo sprint
- Rebased dmabuf patches to recent master for testing by community
member on Librem 5 devkit

Sho
===

I cleaned up the libtm code on master to use the new rows API in the PVD
Wayland protocol and dropped the D-Bus codepath again
I'm looking into some Folder View model bugs now, hoping I find the time
to get fixes in before 5.15 is tagged
My new laptop has a decent nVidia DGPU. I tried testing nVidia's
eglstreams backend patch (D18570) just before the meeting, but kwin is
crashing during the splash screen. I'll debug

Next meeting todos: Schedule 5.16 kickoff; put dmabuf patches into 5.16
task list

Cheers,
Eike