D18546: [Desktop Toolbox] Use "tools" icon

Noah Davis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 26 14:00:32 GMT 2019

ndavis added a comment.

  In D18546#400325 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18546#400325>, @Codezela wrote:

  > In D18546#400256 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18546#400256>, @GB_2 wrote:
  >
  > > In D18546#400253 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18546#400253>, @hein wrote:
  > >
  > > > How about we actually rename it "Desktop Menu".
  > >

  > > +1, good idea!
  >

  > or we can remove it completely
  >  it looks strange no one doing it except kde
  >  what do u think
  >  mac windows gnome cinnamon mate budgie
  >  xfce lxqt
  >  we can make this tools show with shortucut like
  >  ctrl+ mouse click on the desktop for example
  >  i think without it the desktop will look much simple and clean

  I'm mostly for removing it. A common question new users ask is how to remove it.
  However, the way we expose desktop widget controls is not the most intuitive or ergonomic for mouse & keyboard users. Long click is a mobile thing that isn't intuitive in the first place. We need a way to quickly expose the controls for desktop widgets in a way that is fairly discoverable. This is off topic though and this discussion should probably happen somewhere more permanent like a task.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop