D18504: [plasma-nm/applet] Add right-click context menu to directly customize a connection

Valerio Pilo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 25 13:30:57 GMT 2019

vpilo added a comment.

  In D18504#399653 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18504#399653>, @jgrulich wrote:

  > Does it work for you on wayland? When the menu opens, it opens in the left top corner of the applet and cannot be closed unless you select any option, but that's probably wayland + qt fault or perhaps it will change when using PlasmaComponents.Menu instead.

  Works for me with `PlasmaComponents.Menu`.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in ConnectionItem.qml:144
> What't this for?

I didn't want to interfere with other buttons/mouse actions/gestures. I tested without this and it looks like there's no issue. I took it out.

> broulik wrote in ConnectionItem.qml:153
> I don't think this header is needed, we hardly do that elsewhere.

I thought it made it easier when the wifi list changes to recognize if you clicked on the right item. Should I still take it away?

> broulik wrote in ConnectionItem.qml:165
> Sneaky, I didn't intend `KCMShell.open` to accept arbitrary argument :D

it's not a bug, it's a feature!

Jokes aside, it can be pretty useful to give arguments to KCModules.
 e.g. an app might say "change the file association by going to __//this configuration screen//__" with a link opening the right KCM with the right tab

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet