Monday meeting minutes for 2019-01-21 (week 4)

Kai Uwe Broulik kde at privat.broulik.de
Mon Jan 21 11:15:57 GMT 2019

Hi all,

this week's meeting minutes for Plasma:

notmart
=======
* fixed loading of default iconset&window deco from lnf package
* (5.16) systemsettings sidebar icons are now 32 px with less margin, as
agreed with VDG

d_ed
====
* fixed a kscreen-kwin crash
* Back on some wayland work:
* added support for the keep on top "pin" that we see in system tray /
calendar
* along with the usual bugfixes
* going to try and spend today investigating Bug 353983 (Turning off
compositing breaks Plasma panel rendering)

romangg
=======
* Will push my Xwl DND patch series this week to master.
* Working on an idea to fix Xwl Multi DPI.
** For example: Bug 389191 (xwayland auto-upscaling causes pixelation
and should be optional)
** The Xwl Multi DPI is code in KWin and Xwl
* Working on a rewrite of the Wayland platform plugin in terms of
AbstractOutput

kbroulik
========

Work done:
* Some overall optimizations:
** Some connect syntax porting
** Plasma::Theme instances are shared between (often-created) ColorScope
objects
*** Plasma::Svg also creates its own instance of default theme but there
it's more complicated as:
*** can be either default theme or custom theme, not sure about proper
use of refcounting/QShared stuff there
* Lock screen doesn't break (lock out user) if HOME ends up unwritable
(config file locked)

Work todo:
* Continue on notifications rewrite
* Overall 5.15 Beta bug fixing

Other:
* Plasma-browser-integration for Chrome has hit 40,000 users \o/

Cheers
Kai Uwe