D18318: Prettify and search enable the error page

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 21 10:25:33 GMT 2019

leinir added a comment.

  In D18318#395986 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18318#395986>, @ngraham wrote:

  > +1 for always showing the search field. But that icon looks a bit big. I might make it smaller and lose the opacity.
  >
  > Also, while we're prettifying the error page, how about vertically centering everything too?

  The icon is exactly the same size as the one on the Updates page, literally copied the code across (which suggests to me we might want to create a component for this sort of thing perhaps...). But, that is not to say that it wouldn't make sense to make it smaller and have it be entirely opaque. Optimally, i can see it being handy to have a component that just has a string and an icon, which is then centred in the container, and which we could then use in both these places (and anywhere else it turns out we need to tell the user something of a similar nature). ...which, i realise rereading your second line is not unlike what you are suggesting ;) i'll try and come up with something that pleasantly does that, stay tuned to this channel ;)

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store