D18168: [WIP] [Digital Clock] Embed date formatting variable documentation

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 10 20:13:35 GMT 2019

Zren created this revision.
Zren added reviewers: Plasma, VDG.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
Zren requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Assuming D18019 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18019> is merged, this would:

  -----

  Provides an easy lookup of the date format variables for the user so the user does not need to Alt+Tab between windows.

  You can click a variable or it's rendered text to insert the variable into the TextField. It will add a space `" "` unless the text is empty.

  You can also drag a variable and drop it onto the text field to insert it.

  -----

  F6539261: screen-2019-01-10_14.46.15.mp4 <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6539261>

  To Do:

  [ ] Delete the selected text first before inserting.
  [ ] I should check if we should add a space afterwards as well in case the text cursor is in the middle of a word.
  [ ] I should not add a space if there's already a space in front.
  [ ] Select the inserted text
  [ ] `TextField.focus = true` instead of drawing a rectangular outline above the TextField to demonstrate we can drop?
  [ ] Move the `TextField.cursorPosition` when a hovering with a drag

TEST PLAN
  - Test clicking to add.
  - Test dragging and dropping.
  - Test adding with the `cursorPosition` at the start of a word, and make sure it adds a space after (but not before).
  - Test adding with the `cursorPosition` inside a word, and make sure it adds a space before and after.
  - Test adding with the `cursorPosition` at the end of a word, and make sure it adds a space before (but not after).
  - Test adding with a selection, and make sure it deletes the existing selected text first before adding.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/digital-clock/package/contents/ui/DateFormatTable.qml
  applets/digital-clock/package/contents/ui/configAppearance.qml