D18019: [Digital Clock] Add ability to set a custom date format string

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 10 14:28:48 GMT 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  I think these changes ultimately come down to two questions:

  **1) Is it something we actually want to customise at a per-plasmoid level, or is it a hack round something else? **

  I quite like ndavis's reply.

  > user might prefer to use ISO date format with only the last 2 digits of the year in their clock because it saves space, but they might prefer to use regular ISO date format everywhere else.

  > "show seconds" toggles only affect the current widget instance as well.

  **2) Does it put "complex" options into the default UI?**

  This doesn't, as it's hidden behind the "custom" setting in the drop down.

  So for those reasons, I'm inclined to say +1.
  I don't think the answers to the same question apply to the "First Day of the Week" patch.

  -----

  I don't think we need the colour formatting link. It's a niche within a niche. Removing it "solves" the escaping issue as it means the user is doing something undocumented in the first place.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace