D18019: [Digital Clock] Add ability to set a custom date format string

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 10 08:11:44 GMT 2019

Zren added a comment.

  The "show date" / "show seconds" toggles only affect the current widget instance as well. It would be nice if plasma had a `plasmoid.globalConfiguration.dateFormatStr` API which all widget instances (on all panels/screens) were bound to, so the user only had to configure it once for all screens. Though a person might have a clock on a vertical panel on one screen, and a thin horizontal panel on the other that might require a different configuration. That's an edge case example though.

  -----

  I played around with a prettier looking example table.

  F6538091: 2019-01-10___02-37-24.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6538091>
  F6538098: 2019-01-10___02-42-25.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6538098>

  However I couldn't settle on anything. We can focus on a fancy TextField with embedded documentation later.

  For now though, I'd like to know this feature with the 2 documentation links can be merged. Is it to late to get added to Plasma 5.15? The Beta is next week.

  F6538107: 2019-01-10___03-04-57.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6538107>

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace