D17906: [kirigami] Do not use light font styles for headings (2/3)

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 9 15:29:36 GMT 2019

mart accepted this revision.
mart added a comment.

  bah, seems very tricky to make it work properly across distributions.

  to me, it speaks mostly as a failure for us to control the look of our product, due to broken fonts in distros and qt font rendering still buggy, issue that unfortunately the vertical platforms like Windows don't have.
  the intention was to have heading with the same stroke width as the rest of the text, or slightly more still (which works on noto at least for level 1, apparently not on other styles)

  so i'm ok to remove the light font here, but clearly as a failure to make it work properly due to the state of the lower stack

  to me, it *is* still a clear visual regression, but is ok to go as "the least broken" option for now to not touch weigth.
  with a clear intent to monitor the situation.

  I wonder if it shouldn't be something in the future eventually part of the theme, I see things like menu font and toolbar font in fonts kcm as something completely obsolete, while those settings should be more about conventional typography (like normal font, heading font etc)

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami

BRANCH
  no-light-headings (branched from master)