D18019: [Digital Clock] Add ability to set a custom date format string

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 8 05:49:43 GMT 2019

Zren added a comment.

  In D18019#388811 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18019#388811>, @ndavis wrote:

  > I'm leaning towards no, but a second link to text formatting documentation might be a good idea.

  Adding a second link is pretty easy, though I wrote this before I noticed your edit. A second link would look better + simpler to maintain though. Though without a RichText example, the user might not understand the need to escape using apostrophes without an example (`'<b>'ddd'</b>'` ).

  > I'm leaning towards no, but an example of the custom time formatting and another of Rich Text formatting would be a good idea.

  Here's an example table, using an unconventional method of drawing a grid.

  F6533733: 2019-01-08___00-40-47.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6533733>

    QtLayouts.GridLayout {
        id: exampleFormatsTable
        columns: 2

        property var model: [
            "yyyy-MM-dd",
            "MMM d",
            "'<b>'ddd'</b>'d",
            "'<font color=\"#f00\">'ddd'</font>'d",
        ]

        Repeater {
            model: exampleFormatsTable.model.length * 2

            Item {
                id: cell
                property int padding: units.smallSpacing
                implicitWidth: exampleLabel.implicitWidth + padding*2
                implicitHeight: exampleLabel.implicitHeight + padding*2
                QtLayouts.Layout.fillWidth: true
                readonly property int row: Math.floor(index / exampleFormatsTable.columns)
                readonly property int column: index % exampleFormatsTable.columns

                Rectangle {
                    anchors.fill: parent
                    color: exampleLabel.color
                    opacity: 0.1
                }

                QtControls.Label {
                    id: exampleLabel
                    anchors.left: parent.left
                    anchors.top: parent.top
                    anchors.margins: cell.padding

                    textFormat: cell.column === 0 ? Text.PlainText : Text.RichText
                    text: {
                        var exampleFormat = exampleFormatsTable.model[cell.row]
                        if (cell.column === 0) {
                            return exampleFormat
                        } else {
                            return Qt.formatDate(new Date(), exampleFormat)
                        }
                    }
                }
            }