D17906: [kirigami] Do not use light font styles for headings (2/3)

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 7 14:40:21 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  I was actually just going to reply that light titles could work theoretically well with level 1 headings before I saw your last comment. For this to work right, for me it would mean:

  - certain adjustments for visual hierarchy; big headings must still retain visual priority-> e.g. the application's description in Discover would need to have some opacity
  - Qt using **only** the "light" font style and not falling back to styles such as "hairline" or "ultrathin"

  Although you then still have the problem of potentially too thin "light" styles with some fonts + not being able to guarantee your effect if the font doesn't have the light style. So the latter also means if you fix point no. 1 I mentioned, you get super //in your face// titles because the font is now regular.

  Have you managed to test the current solution with some other fonts maybe? With more testing we could see for how many it works in the first place and how many are troublesome (e.g. Deja VuSans).

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami

BRANCH
  no-light-headings (branched from master)