D17906: [kirigami] Do not use light font styles for headings (2/3)

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 7 13:55:38 GMT 2019

mart added a comment.

  In D17906#385857 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17906#385857>, @filipf wrote:

  > With the exception of the case of the Windows Store (which does nonetheless manage to achieve some visual hierarchy with different font sizes and colors), others mostly actually have an opposite approach and go the bold/semi-bold route for the more prominent titles, which makes sense - you want to highlight the information contained in them. But the point of this patch is to just make sure the most important information is not made less important or even illegible, which is guaranteed if the labels are "regular" style.

  of all of those the one i prefer by a long shot is indeed windows store which actually looks exactly like our graphics,
  F6531451: Screenshot_20190107_145258.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6531451> is not conceptually different from F6531453: Screenshot_20190107_145312.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6531453> in any way really.

  the reason that in many places the visual hierarchy has been broken, like in plasma tooltips or calendar, is because the title text has been changed to be stupidly small, but the fact that it has been ruined, is not a good excuse to ruin it even more.

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami

BRANCH
  no-light-headings (branched from master)