D17975: [WIP, Notifications] Add padding to notifications

Root noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 5 03:26:30 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  In D17975#386665 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17975#386665>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Can you clarify what the ultimate visual goal here? Clearly defining that might help to tighten up your code and thought process.
  >
  > Also, what remaining issues make this WIP? I find that the Phabricator `NOTE:` markup works well for this. See https://secure.phabricator.com/book/phabricator/article/remarkup/

  The basic idea is to get padding all around the notification contents, without making the heading stick out too much above the notification item. Basically pushing everything slightly inward.

  There are two issues that are beyond the scope of this diff though:

  - 1) A technical concern: Will it scale properly? Will it handle different font sizes properly? At present the notification widget doesn't scale properly and I don't know how to fix that so that wasn't my primary concern:

  F6525885: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6525885>

  NOTE: that is an issue present in master (this screenshot is of master, not my patch)

  - 2) A design concern: Should the notification icon be lowered in position based on the //amount// of content (text) in the notification like what happens in certain Windows 10 notifications:

  F6525887: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6525887>

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace