D17934: [Kickoff] Increase Kickoff information label readability

Andres Betts noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 3 20:22:11 GMT 2019

abetts added a comment.

  In D17934#386050 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17934#386050>, @ngraham wrote:

  > The opacity change makes sense to me: since this text isn't visible by default, there's no reason to make it difficult to read with a low opacity. If you go hunting for it and want to see it, you want it to be readable!
  >
  > The alignment change I'm not as sure about. Because the username and information label are different sizes, I deliberately used bottom alignment to avoid having the system information label appear to jump up when hovering on it. With your change, the jumpiness is re-introduced:
  >
  > F6523443: Peek 2019-01-03 14-15.gif <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6523443>
  >
  > Thoughts/ideas?

  What do you think of having this combination;

  USERNAME (dev at pc, etc, etc, etc)

  On mouseover, just make the rest of the description appear to the right of the username label INSTEAD of replacing the USERNAME label with the pc information. It will take a little bit more space but might seem more streamlined visually IMHO.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop