D19369: [sddm-theme] Remove login screen blur effect

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Feb 27 20:02:46 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  In D19369#421378 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19369#421378>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > This makes it different to the lock screen. I said in the last patch that did this that we shouldn't do that.

  I can't believe I'm going to walk back my original argument from about a year ago but... yes it does, it makes it different but doesn't introduce inconsistency, at least not necessarily (because the design remains the same).

  On the lock screen, the wallpaper fader serves a distinct purpose - to obscure the lock screen (clock + wallpaper) in order to make the user focus on password entry.

  On the login screen, I'm not so sure - there's no lock screen to obscure, and the user login is the primary purpose, so all the wallpaper fader seems to do is obscure the wallpaper (which makes you wonder what's the point of having a wallpaper anyway?)

  ----

  That being said, if you're intent on keeping the blur, I suggest tweaking the wallpaper fader (so the amount of blur/gray goes down). And in that case, I also suggest removing all the shadows except for the ones on (under?) the clock.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace