kwin_wayland window decoration

Damian Ivanov damianatorrpm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 13:09:38 GMT 2019

Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct list to use (I subscribe to one
called kwin at kde.org - the archives of it are empty).

I am trying a 'slim' wayland-session, I do see an issue, the session
starts this:
/usr/bin/kwin_wayland  --xwayland --libinput konsole

It would get the default wayland window deco though kwin is  running, so I added
QT_WAYLAND_DISABLE_WINDOWDECORATION=1
export QT_WAYLAND_DISABLE_WINDOWDECORATION

which will show no deco at all. Adding:
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE
export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP

will properly show kwin's deco, but I do not want to have
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE or KDE_FULL_SESSION variables set.

So my question is, if there is a KWIN variable which tells under
wayland kwin to decorate the windows.

Thanks in advance,
Damian