D18809: Image Wallpaper Slideshow - display the list of images that will be shown

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Feb 25 16:31:59 GMT 2019

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  It's a bit wasteful as we ultimately end up scanning all the wallpaper directories once in the main view then again when we have the config view open.
  But we should follow that up another day. It's non-trivial.

  ----

  One minor change, which isn't really your fault, it just shows up now.

INLINE COMMENTS

> config.qml:350
>              anchors.fill: parent
>              sourceComponent: (configDialog.currentWallpaper == "org.kde.image") ? thumbnailsComponent : foldersComponent
>          }

There's a funny bug here:

When you're on the Image (not slideshow!) tab, and then close the window or select "Plain color" it will instantiate an instance of SlideModel during closure.
It's not visible, I only noticed it because I had gdb connected to check something, but given SlideModel spawns heavy background threads, that's worth fixing

It seems to be because configDialog.currentWallpaper changing gets evaluated here before the main view reloads.

As an easy test put

  Component.onCompleted: {
            console.log("Dave")
        }

Inside the ColumnView of foldersComponent

it shouldn't  be emitted when changing between image and colour.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace