D19280: [TaskManager] Modernize and reorganize configuration settings

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Feb 24 19:47:18 GMT 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  I love the idea of an Appearance/Behavior split. I think that really improves the approachability of the settings window. But I think it will require a bit of re-organization since with the current state of the patch, there are items on the Behavior page that are appearance-based, and vice versa.

  How about this for the breakdown?

    Appearance

             General: [x] Show tooltips
                      [ ] Highlight windows
                      [x] Show progress and status information in task buttons
                      [x] Mark applications that play audio

           Icon size: --------------o-----------
                      Small                Large

        Maximum rows: [ 2 ]
                      [x] Always arrange tasks in as many rows as columns

    Behavior

               Group: [ By program name v ]
                      [x] Open groups in popups
                      [x] Only when the Task Manager is full

                Sort: [ Manually v ]
                      [x] Keep launchers separate

     On middle-click: [ Close Window or Group v ]
                      [ ] Cycle through tasks with mouse wheel

             Filters: [ ] Show only tasks from the current screen
                      [ ] Show only tasks from the current desktop
                      [x] Show only tasks from the current activity
                      [ ] Show only tasks that are minimized

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop