D18809: Image Wallpaper Slideshow - display the list of images that will be shown

David Redondo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Feb 9 12:17:03 GMT 2019

davidre added a comment.

  In D18809#408461 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18809#408461>, @alexde wrote:

  > Great work!
  >
  > Currently you have a very long folder list object. However, in my experience most users only have a few folders, where they store their wallpapers.
  >  So, what about saving space by positioning the folder list to the right of the controls? As we now display only folder names and not whole paths, the width should be fine and if you have more than 5 different folders, scrolling should be a good option.

  Do you mean the Controls on the top? I don't know if it's possible because as far as I have determined from reading the Code the topmost element that is painted by the imagewallpaper-plugin is the "Positioning"-row meaning less vertical space. Also if you look at the screenshot ngraham posted you can see that it is used in other where the elements are aligned differently and I don't know the behaviour then. I guess if the list is right to Positioning and "Change every..." this would cause the Positioning row to jump around when the mode is switched from single image to slideshow

  > Further, if you are about to delete a folder, the images belonging to the selected folder, could be highlighted somehow. That way you know what you are about to remove without explicitely doing arduous investigation.
  >
  > What do you think?

  I guess this could be done like when you remove single images but we would need to think about a way to mark the removed folder in the list. Maybe in another patch?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace