D26261: Rewrite GTK KCM

Brian Aberts noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 29 06:52:27 GMT 2019

baberts added a comment.

  In D26261#584039 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26261#584039>, @gikari wrote:

  > In D26261#584037 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D26261#584037>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > Everything that's left here could easily fit into a popup on that KCM, or we could use the multi-page KCM system to put all of this stuff on a sub-page on that KCM.
  >

  > By the way, I've already made a popup in Applications Style KCM. Personally I have no objections whatsoever on that style and would gladly use it.
  >
  > F7847462: Screenshot_20191228_220227.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7847462>
  >
  > Nevertheless, this patch is still needed. For the most part the logic and approaches in this code, that I wrote here, will be almost identical to the ones in the future Application KCM code. So I would like to hear comments on how it is good\bad or could be improved, before I make changes in different repository. If I had made changes in two repositories at the same time, it would have been a bit harder to maintain the changes, after revisions.

  I don't personally think that fits with the Plasma style, as i never see any pop-ups like that, but maybe that's just me. Either way, something is better than nothing, so that people don't get confused. After 5.18 it can be improved to elegantly integrate the remaining functionality into the style kcm.

REPOSITORY
  R99 KDE Gtk Configuration Tool