D26234: [Applet] Unify 'raise maximum volume' and 'maximum volume'

George Vogiatzis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 27 15:34:37 GMT 2019

gvgeo planned changes to this revision.
gvgeo added a comment.

  Either I missing something, or I need to make it more clear.

  With this patch, the maximum volume setting is for the devices/apps that have enabled the raise maximum option.
  By default users will be limited to 100. Will need to enable raise maximum volume for some application or device first, for the default value of 150 to have any effect.
  Even then, the rest devices and applications will keep using 100 as maximum value.

  This could take more fine tuning, but was trying to keep patches small and clean:
  renaming 'maximum volume' to 'custom maximum volume'(or something better to explain the difference),
  adding an 'raise maximum volume for all devices/applications' option,
  make label change to 'lower maximum volume' when lower than 100% is selected.

  I cannot see any solution that will have as default 100 and not complicate the raise maximum volume even more.
  In any mode(separate or global), if default maximum volume will be kept 100, user will need to enable raise maximum volume and change the maximum volume.
  Even more important in case of removal of the setting. Will need to predefined a value.
  Right now, the slider already uses 150 which users cannot be change, does not cause any issue(except the existence of two modes).

  Marking as planned changes, no need to appear in review queues, if global mode is the way forward.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet