D26234: [Applet] Unify 'raise maximum volume' and 'maximum volume'

George Vogiatzis noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 27 10:41:02 GMT 2019

gvgeo added a comment.

  I get what you mean global, but I'll try to clarify for others, too.
  Currently, the option in configuration, only works from shortcuts or mouse wheel on task icon.
  And affects only the default output device, that is selected, at the moment of volume change.

  From what I get, you'd like to become really global, without controlling the Max value.
  The mockup in this case would have no more 115% maximum volume, and they all get 100% line mark.
  The same would be for all the applications?
  F7844978: Screenshot_20191227_102400_e.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7844978>

  But I wonder, why need to have Raise maximum volume so accessible.
  If it is because one application or device is low, instead of changing it all the time, it would make more sense to have separate mode.

  **About this patch:**
  In essence, does what you said in the first comment.
  But keeps the separate mode instead of the global.
  Maximum volume becomes just a setting, for the raise maximum volume.
  Could hardcode 150% and remove the setting. Almost nothing would change for this patch.
  But I recall a request that enabled values below 100%.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet