D26185: Fix font rendering when compiled against Qt >= 5.14

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 24 14:56:53 GMT 2019

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  After 900f2cb6f7070 in QtBase auto dpi changed it's meaning somewhat. The comment written no longer applies and #ifdef'ing is the correct thing to get the consistent behaviour.

  With QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 set, we no longer scale the logical DPI by the screen scale factor which is something we need to deliver high DPI correctly.
  i.e on a low res screen with a physical of 96, running QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=2 should double the fonts. This patch breaks that which means we've broken the config UI.

  There may well be some changes needed, but this on its own isn't it.
  Relevant code to look through is qhighdpi.cpp in QtBase

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace