D26162: [Notifications KCM] Force re-evaluation of position radio buttons

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 22 20:00:14 GMT 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The Settings object is kind of a write-only state and doesn't signal property changes unless "live" (where it would listen to other settings changing which we don't want inside the KCM) or only upon save().
  This is arguably a questionable design decision on my side :-) but usually it's not a problem as the KCM controls will have whatever state the user will put them in but it falls apart in case we switch to another page and back without saving. This hack is good enough for stable branch anyway imho.

  BUG: 414098
  FIXED-IN: 5.17.5

TEST PLAN
  - Went to position selector, chose a position, went back. Radio button moved to the bottom position. Before that it would only do it when I hit save

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  kcms/notifications/package/contents/ui/main.qml