D25807: Allow to set the available screen rect/region from outside through dbus

Tranter Madi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 21 18:17:04 GMT 2019

trmdi added a comment.

  In D25807#581161 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25807#581161>, @mvourlakos wrote:

  > In D25807#581126 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25807#581126>, @trmdi wrote:
  >
  > > @mvourlakos
  > >  Latte can guard that the order of screens within Latte is synced with plasmashell right? Because I see this: https://github.com/KDE/latte-dock/blob/master/app/screenpool.cpp
  >

  > why the screens order is relevant in this patch? the external application isnt just using the screen name?

  Because I don't know which one latte could use for setting the availablescreenrect. Currently I use id, but David said that the id might be not synced between processes.
  So you mean I should use screen name instead? The screen names are the same within latte vs plasmashell right?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace