D14949: Add option for whether to show the volume change OSD

Mélanie Chauvel noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 19 02:15:33 GMT 2019

achauvel added a comment.

  This hasn’t been merged. The option seem to already exist for all types of OSD in: Workspace → Workspace Behavior → General Behavior → «Display visual feedback for status change», though that’s a very vague and unclear option name.

  I tried to use the look-and-feel package from the Reddit thread, but it reset a lot of my settings…
  Then I tried to isolate the OSD change, to apply it alone, and didn’t find how if it is possible.
  Afterwards make my own look-and-feel package so that I could apply the OSD and not lose all my other theme settings. But it just didn’t work for some things, and didn’t take some other things into account…
  So I got back to applying the look-and-feel package to get the OSD, then put back all my other configs.

  That’s the pain it was for me.

  Now since we could chose where notifications does appear on the screen, I thought it was logical that it was the case for OSD.
  Also, note that OSD takes more vertical space and display less information than a notification, so it could be argued that it’s even more necessary to be able to chose where it appears, or at least to make it a little more discreet…