D26091: [Notifications] Improve self-closing behavior

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 18 22:13:20 GMT 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When a plasmoid collapses in Active state, the popup is hidden. In Passive state, however, one is returned to the hidden items list, as it cannot tell whether the plasmoid collapsed on its own or because the user clicked the same one in the hidden items list again.
  When we clear notifications, plasmoid state updates immediately as a result of model signals, and when we then try to collapse the plasmoid we're already hidden and just returned to the hidden items list.
  This patch addresses this by delaying the state change slightly. Futhermore, don't collapse the plasmoid when already hidden as that would just return the user to the hidden items list.

TEST PLAN
  I tried fixing that in System Tray but as I said there's no way for it to tell whether the plasmoid hid "on its own" or because the user clicked it again as the compact rep entirely governs this behavior when expanded. :/ It's ugly but I don't really see a better way.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/FullRepresentation.qml
  applets/notifications/package/contents/ui/main.qml