D25984: Load translations

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 15 16:01:20 GMT 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  In D25984#578291 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25984#578291>, @broulik wrote:

  > Qt docs say "Adds a global function that will be called from the QCoreApplication constructor. " but when we at runtime somewhere load a QML plugin we're too late with that.

  Q_COREAPP_STARTUP_FUNCTION creates code using qAddPreRoutine(), which does directly execute the registered method though when the QApp already exists, as I tried to hint before, and has since Qt 5.6 at least. (see the above link :) ). The API dox is missing to define that, indeed, but thinking about it one would expect it to happen.

  Things might fail though if there is static linking involved perhaps with the plugins somehow?

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami