D25803: [Purpose Plugin] Reset pending reply serial when aborting

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 7 21:18:37 GMT 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, fvogt.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When the `QMenu` is closed or the Purpose job finishes, we make sure to send a reply out and reset the pending reply serial.
  However, when we determined on the host side that we cannot share the contents, we send a reply but don't reset the pending reply serial, having every subsequent purpose request fail until reloading the extension or restarting the browser.

TEST PLAN
  5.17

  (patched out the "isTrusted" check for testing)

  - called `navigator.share({title: "test"})`
  - then called `navigator.share({url: "test})`

  Previously, the `url` request would fail as the `title` request (which is valid as far as `canShare` is concerned in the extension but not for Purpose on the host side) got rejected but not properly reset.
  With this patch the `url` request opens purpose menu as expected

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration

AFFECTED FILES
  host/purposeplugin.cpp