D25278: [Baloo KCM] Mention the brand name "Baloo" in user-visible strings

Ilya Bizyaev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Dec 6 23:12:50 GMT 2019

IlyaBizyaev added a comment.

  Somehow I also feel Baloo is not a name to be surfaced...

  1. It's not really a brand, and if it was, it would have a terrible reputation due to all the user frustration accumulated.
  2. Those users on social media who know the name "Baloo" follow KDE development or have faced specific Baloo issues that made them learn the name. I agree with @davidedmundson in that the wider audience might be more confused by the change rather than enlightened.
  3. FWIW in Russian localization, the name "KRunner" was replaced everywhere with "Search and launch field", since "KRunner" does not mean anything to people who do not speak English.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop