D25762: Don't bother serializing window icon pixmap for known services

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 5 14:06:08 GMT 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, hein.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  A service usually has a proper icon somewhere on disk.
  `QIcon::name()` only works with theme icon names (e.g. `kate`) but not icons created from absolute path, e.g. `/some/special/icon/location/kate.png`.
  The latter is usually the case for containerized apps which have their icon set to some path within the application image or some container daemon location.

TEST PLAN
  I noticed my Telegram Snap had its icon data serialized despite having found the correct desktop file/KService. With this patch it checks that it has a service which likely has a proper icon and doesn't bother serializing the window pixmap.

  The service might not have a proper icon after all but then it also won't have one in the launcher to begin with, so I think this is a valid optimization, albeit only for master branch.

  There is a KF6 task to address the `QIcon` issue: T12155 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T12155>

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES