D25728: [Applet Configuration] Don't draw a full-on separator between the titlebar and window

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 4 22:29:35 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D25728#572350 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25728#572350>, @manueljlin wrote:

  > But that style of line / divider was going to be after the toolbars too, like kirigami apps, so removing it just would make that inconsistent later on. The divider needs to be inside the application itself to make this possible, instead of in the titlebar.
  >
  > If it's possible, fixing the color scheme and making it configurable should probably be the way to go.

  It's just wrong to locally draw a titlebar separator if there's a global option for it.

  For consistency with the proposals see: D25728#571938 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D25728#571938>

  I can also say that after seeing Sierra Breeze Enhanced implementing most of what was decided there (only!) when the titlebar separator option is on that it's something that we should also do.

  F7799465: sbe <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7799465>

  KWin's titlebar option essentially becomes a "tools area distinguisher": turns on the titlebar separator (which gets hidden when app sends a hint that it has a tool area that is will separate on its own) and the different tool area color as well. Everything is consistent and in accordance to user choice.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop