Monday meeting notes for 2/11/2019

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 11:52:30 GMT 2019

Kai Uwe
plasma-browser-integration:
* Made a new release \o/
https://blog.broulik.de/2019/11/plasma-browser-integration-1-7/
* Figured out how to fix Spotify Web player for Firefox: D25569
Diff 25569 "Also overwrite document.createElement using
exportFunction" [Accepted] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25569
* Removal of Position change signal, will address comments when I come
to it: D25403
Diff 25403 "Drop Position change signal and support Seeked signal"
[Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25403
* Made a captive portal workflow improvement, which might be too
convoluted :) D25466
Diff 25466 "Add Captive Portal auto-refresh handling" [Needs Revision]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25466
Notifications:
* Notification popups now move out of the way of System Tray rather
than just hiding
    * Ensures you won't miss notifications that are a result of System
Tray action,
    * e.g. pairing confirmation on Bluetooth or captive portal login
after Wifi connect
Other:
* Fixed Style KCM colors being dull
    * There's no way to fake QWidget::isActiveWindow() so I blunlt
override the Inactive palette with the Active one
* Also please review D25461
Diff 25461 "[KCM GridDelegate] Use non-attached ToolTip" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25461
* Ported Breeze KDecoration from QPropertyAnimation to QVariantAnimation
* My GTK mouse cursors are incorrect after gtk-kded settings sync introduction
    * Tried to fix but D25540 didn't help
Diff 25540 "Add default value for cursor theme" [Closed]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25540
    * Anyone knowledgable in this stuff (gtk cursors) please have a look :/

Arjen
* I fixed the Kirigami InlineMessage that was always showing actions
in the overflow menu (https://phabricator.kde.org/D25570 for
reference, already merged)
 Diff 25570 "Fix InlineMessage actions always being placed in overflow
menu" [Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25570
* I finally got around to merging the ACPI-to-sysfs patch for
ksysguard (https://phabricator.kde.org/D25018)
 Diff 25018 "Move ACPI battery information from /proc/acpi to /sys"
[Closed] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25018
* so now ksysguard can report on battery usage again :)

Leinir
* the things i would like a look on are
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25440 and
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25441 and
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25562  :)
* Diff 25440 "Set a proper agent string for Attica requests" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25440
* Diff 25441 "Send along the config name with requests" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25441
* Diff 25562 "Add some friendly "report bugs here" links" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25562

David Edmundson
* Firstly, that QtSVG bug is fixed (by some Qt guy) \o/
* 5.14 is set to be a drama free release
* assuming there's no last minute changes
* I fixed a super annoying QtWayland bug where all icons would animate
every frame...even if they only have one frame
* I've continued some Qt6 preparing in plasma. Trying to phase out
SmallIcon, some overloads etc.
* and I worked more on a massive kwin patch to replace all the Kwin
Effect Frames (the lables in effects) with a tiny QtQuick scene using
my EffectQuickView patch is +300 lines -1500 lines   so I'm quite
pleased with it
* I would like some help finishing D25326 to get Plasma's QSFPM into KItemModels
  Diff 25326 "Move Plasma's SortFilterProxyModel into KItemModel's QML
plugin" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25326

Nico Fe
* Did some performance improvement for archive loading in Ark
* Diff 25565 "Optimize ArchiveModel::cleanFileName" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25565
* Besides that mostly misc Qt6/KF6 prep
* Most interesting Diff 25660 "Decouple KBookmarksMenu from
KActionCollection" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25660
* Smaller cleanup in KBookmarks:
* Diff 25654 "Rename actions to be consistent" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25654
* Diff 25653 "[bookmarksmenu] Improve variable name" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25653
In other news:
* Diff 25630 "Port to json metadata" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25630
* Diff 25533 "Deprecate KFileWidget::toolBar" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25533
* Diff 25443 "[chmodjob] Port away from QLinkedList" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D25443
* Diff 25378 "Get icon size from QStyle instead of KIconLoader" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D25378

Aleix
* KWin
    * I sent a first iteration of the stylus (tablet) input for
wayland https://phabricator.kde.org/D25663
    * Will still need some work (which I have drafted locally) to
implement the right protocols
* plasma mobile
    * Did some testing there, realised plasma-settings wasn't calling
::load on its modules like system settings do. Now they load properly.
* other than that, some kirigami/discover bug triaging session

Marco
# Plasma
* better support for file selectors in plasmoids and config dialogs
* Acontrol right in the applet handle to disable the background of
certain selected plasmoid that want to opt-in and use white text+drop
shadow instead. Needed some architectural fixes for correct color
propagation, reviewed and merged, still looking at pieces where the
color resolution is still failing
# Kirigami
* WheelHandler doesn't scroll anymore disabled views
* GlobalDrawer can have a fixed toolbar
# qqc2-desktop-style
* Make scrollview look disabled even when only the internal flickabe
is disabled (but not the scrollview itself)
# Discover
* fixed the layout of the jobs in progress view
* use the new GlobalDrawer header for the sidebar toolbar