D23575: plasnoidviewer: restore support for --list & --list-themes

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Aug 30 09:08:44 BST 2019

kossebau added a comment.

  [09:29] <bshah> kpackagetool5 --g --list --type Plasma/Applet for plasmoids
  [09:30] <bshah> kpackagetool5 --g --list --type Plasma/Theme for themes
  [09:31] <frinring> bshah: instinctively for me it makes sense to have one tool to remember when developing applets. I readded that code to plasnoidviewer instead of adding it to kdevelop directly, as I sometimes wishes I could easily query applets as well, if I was unsure about the applet id I wanted to test
  [09:32] <frinring> bshah: kpackagetool5 also only gives me the ids, where ideally we would also have the display names to show. can kpackagetool5 output those as well?
  [09:32] <frinring> (right now kdevelop only shows the ids as well, but I would do a follow-up patch to improive that)

  So if this should not be readded to plasmoidviewer, it might be. I just found it useful to have one tool name to remember and convenience methods, instead of yet another tool with more complicated query arguments to remmeber and assemble.

  And if KDevelop should rather use kpackagetool5, it might be better to not do this via programm exectution of another process and parsing of stdout, but instead directly using kpackage library and getting direct access to data structures wanted. But that needs to be done by someone interested in the plasmoid launcher plugin, which I am not.

REPOSITORY
  R118 Plasma SDK