D23542: Promote KCM to top level and rename accordingly

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 28 20:18:33 BST 2019

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ndavis wrote in module.cpp:39
> Why are we changing the title to just "Audio"? Weren't we supposed to use descriptions for the page titles to make them useful? Am I mistaken?

Our conclusion before was to make the page title match the title listed in the desktop file, and the comment has a description. You can see this in all the KCMs in the Appearance section This seems semantically correct, and if we want to display the descriptive string, we should change KPageDialog or something in KCMUtils to parse the comment in the desktop file and display it underneath the title. Frankly that should happen anyway so we don't have to define the same string for the title in both the desktop file and also the kaboutdata.

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet

BRANCH
  promote-audio-kcm (branched from master)