D23306: Add AppStream metadata file

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 21 16:08:30 BST 2019

kossebau added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kdesystemsettings.desktop:163
>  X-DBUS-ServiceName=org.kde.systemsettings
> +# Otherwise Discover and other software centers show two System Settings entries
> +X-AppStream-Ignore=true

For what I understood from "No. A launchable tag always beats whatever was defined in the desktop-entry file itself, so if there is one launchable tag, the .desktop entry file will be taken into consideration no matter what was defined in it (to e.g. merge in category information).  If there are multiple launchable entries, the generator has no idea which .desktop file to read, so rather than reading any and getting information wrong, it will read none (requiring the metainfo author to add all data they want in there explicitly)." this is not needed here or rather without effect, given there the appdata file has one <launchable> entry pointing to the other desktop file.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings

BRANCH
  add-appdata-file (branched from master)