D23270: [Energy] Put battery capacity info in battery section and call it "degradation"

Alexander Potashev noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 20 18:20:54 BST 2019

aspotashev added a comment.

  In D23270#515331 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23270#515331>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Hmm, both suggestions seem to be designed to explain what "capacity" means rather than replacing it with something that doesn't need explanation at all. I don't really see the point of  keeping the word "Capacity" visible when we can replace it with something that doesn't need additional explanation.

  Ok, let's go with "degradation: nn%" + a "what's this" link.

  > Also, I don't think QML stuff do "What's This?" text, and even if it could I wouldn't want to use it because the "What's This?" feature is poorly-discoverable and not a substitute for clarity in the user-visible strings.

  I think you missed my point, the regular "what's this" tool is indeed poorly discoverable. Consider this type of "tooltip" for the KCM:
  F7264910: Screenshot_20190820_201847.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7264910>
  And for the plasmoid we may use an "i" icon instead to make it compact.

REPOSITORY
  R102 KInfoCenter

BRANCH
  capacity-to-degradation (branched from master)