D23287: Create a plugin framework for processes

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Aug 20 11:47:13 BST 2019

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently everything for processes is hardcoded with a method for each
  process property. This is core functionality like CPU usage and memory
  usage but it's not very extensible.

  Currently ProcessModel is full of extra hacks to add X11 data when
  really it should be a dumb proxier of information.

  We have a pending patch to show network stats, and we have a pending
  patch to add powertop information, which all work in a different way
  from just reading data in /proc

  In order to keep it flexible a more generic format method is added which
  doesn't require hardcoding knowledge of types.

  This patch is part of a series, next steps are adding various plugins,
  stripping proces model - and then using the ProcessAttribute class to
  provide the metadata for the core process attributes so that
  ProcessModel can become a very simple view with no code duplication.

REPOSITORY
  R111 KSysguard Library

AFFECTED FILES
  CMakeLists.txt