D23261: Add option to discourage reporting bugs

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 19 14:25:28 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is for vendors and environments that don't want to allow their users to report bugs directly to us.
  By setting `InteractionAllowed` to `false` in `drkonqirc` the following will change:

  - For automatically restarted services, no hint is shown whatsoever
  - For application crashes a notification is shown with a Restart button but no status icon nor "Report bug" button

  The DrKonqi dialog itself is unchanged (for now?), which will show up in the rare case no notification service is running.

TEST PLAN
  Put the following in my ~/.config/drkonqirc

    [General]
    InteractionAllowed=false

  - Ran `killall -6 plasmashell`, plasmashell restarted without a trace
  - Ran `killall -6 dolphin`, Dolphin crashed, and I got a new notification. Successfully managed to restart Dolphin.

  F7260330: Screenshot_20190819_152501.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7260330>
  Old behavior with this setting to `true` (default) is unchanged

  - Verified that there are no stale `drkonqi` instances under any circumstances

REPOSITORY
  R871 DrKonqi

AFFECTED FILES
  src/main.cpp