D23237: Do not display vendor, Product and capacity in network plasmoid

Méven Car noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 19 12:09:59 BST 2019

meven added a comment.

  In D23237#514328 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23237#514328>, @pkloc wrote:

  > Is this information really that cluttering  to mandate removal? Sure, vendor and model may be too "advanced" but remaining capacity is an useful hint.

  My intention is by no means to hide this data but move it somewhere more discreet proportionate to its usefulness.
  We might want to keep it in the plasmoid but only when capacity < 90 for instance.

  > I always liked this sort of stuff when coming from Windows.

  Differentiating from windows is not a reason to add or keep features.

  In D23237#514317 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23237#514317>, @broulik wrote:

  > You cannot remove those from the dataengine, which is "Public API", there might be other users of that.
  >  Instead, remove them from the battery monitor UI. And while at it maybe show the details always even if there are multiple batteries.
  >  Capacity is also used in battery monitor to show a hint like "Your battery is broken"

  Missed that.

  > Also, this is not the network plasmoid but battery.
  >  Furthermore, I would appreciate if you could wait for maintainer approval before pushing changes that are clearly wrong, not everyone spends Sunday afternoon at a computer.

  My bad, I overreacted, three approvals are kind of rare.

  In the meantime I have reverted this patch.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace