D23242: Add grouping and "Show Only Minimized" options to icons-only task manager

Björn Feber noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 19 07:56:04 BST 2019

GB_2 added a comment.

  In D23242#514239 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D23242#514239>, @hein wrote:

  > Code's fine, but let's discuss the change briefly - disabling grouping in ITM gets you a bunch of identical-looking icons you can't tell apart. I think that's a pretty ugly user experience, does it make sense to have an option to configure the applet into an invariably sort of unpleasant to use state? That's why I resisted it in the past.

  There's already the option to disable grouping for specific apps. Having an option to disable it for all aps is a feature that gets requested from time to time and you can get it on for example Cinnamon, LXDE/LXQt or Windows with registry edit tweaks.
  Also:

  - it is not an issue if you have a pretty consistent set of windows open, so you just remember which is which
  - you can tell from tooltip
  - just let the user decide

  I personally would use this feature.

REPOSITORY