D22535: Make kimpanel a system tray applet

Xuetian Weng noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 11 17:23:13 BST 2019

xuetianweng requested changes to this revision.
xuetianweng added a comment.

  This change doesn't serve any real functionality of kimpanel. It doesn't show the current input method in tray, doesn't hide or show up. And kimpanel usually consist multiple icons. While it's doubt whether we need that much for certain input method (currently user can blacklist some by hand), but being able to show some important ones should not be removed. (on windows, there're two icon for chinese case).

  Also, simply move the existing implementation into expanded tray is not acceptable, the layout is not designed for the expanded tray. There is much more space in the tray so even if we want to keep the similar ui large icon IMHO is prefered.

  As for configure, there's already a dbus call in kimpanel for launch the configuration, not sure if want to use that to launch kcm.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop