D22468: Rewrite KScreen KCM as ConfigModule with outputs model and Kirigami

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 7 00:54:26 BST 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  Thanks Roman! This is really excellent overall. A big improvement over the current one . Nevertheless I think we can make it even better and I have some UI review comments:

  1. The "Output Settings" section header should contain the name of the output ("Settings for <name>") and then you can remove the output name that's in the FormLayout.
  2. The visualization at the top of the KCM with the white background needs a visible frame around it. Just give the `Rectangle` in `Screen.qml` an appropriate border color and radius.
  3. The padding between the refresh rate combo box and the horizontal spacer is way too high (and it's not consistent in the amount of spacing above and below the spacer)
  4. Need to add labels below the slider and also a label to the right that shows its current value like this:

    Global Scale:  |--------------o--------| 1.6x
                   1x         1.5x        2x

  5. You could save some vertical space in the visualization by putting the Identify button within each output in the visualization and putting the Center View button in the corner and making it only appear on hover (on the desktop at least)
  6. For that matter, you can hide the visualization  entirely when there's only a single output. That will make the display much simpler and easier to parse for the common case of one screen.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen