Meeting minutes for week 32

Bhushan Shah bshah at mykolab.com
Tue Aug 6 09:34:47 BST 2019

Sorry for delayed notes

nicofee:

 * released KDE Connect 1.3.5
 * Did mostly Android stuff besides that
 * fixed KStars build on binary factory, needs more work to be usable
 * fixed Konversation build on Binary Factory, also needs more work to be usable
 * Diff 22943 "Don't build TrayIcon on Android" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22943
 * Ported calindori to Android, currently setting up binary factory build
 * Did some refactoring to calindori code
 * Next I might look into plasma-phonebook on Android
 * I like to have the Plasma Mobile apps on Android to grow the user/contributor base a bit

DavidRedondo

- I looked into why some kcms looked broken
- and basically kcm.scrollview was not respecting padding set by qqc desktop style
- I think it's not 100% correct right now but not horrible anymore
- And then did some work on the effects kcm
- Next I would like to look into the global shortcut kcm - it bugs me that the componentlist uses a different style than the systemsettings list
- Which can look weird
- Any maybe port that part to qml - it uses kcategorizedview right now

notmart

 # Kirigami
 * on Material Ripple effect is not visible when the item doesn't accept mouse events
 * RESET property for icon colors
 * investigate camilo's crash with columnview
 # Plasma
 * Fixed a regression of the new layout that broke folderview in applet mode
 * Looking on an old issue where the js setup script fails setting the panel size if there is a screen resolution change during script execution, which makes many users having the panel to default to 30px no matter what resolution and dpi.
 ** I think best solution is D22893 which also vocers the scenario of screen resolution changing with plasma not running then plasma starting afterwards
 ** Diff 22893 "introduce the Defaults group for panel values" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22893
 # Plasma Mobile
 * started the rewrite of the phone homescreen based upon the new desktop layout code, should be way leaner code

kbroulik:

 * Fixed dictionary runner not finding anything
 * Fixed (worked around) a few more NativeRendering quirks
 * qqc2 SpinBox
 * Notification body text
 * Converter runner now supports fractional scaling (e.g. 3/8")
 * ToolButtonStyle no longer hardcodes Button color group when hovered
 * Fixed ToolButton icon suddenly turning dark when using e.g. dark/complementary color group like on lock screen or dashboard
 * Made KScreen OSD less annoying
 * No longer shows up on startup prompting for a screen configuration
 * Automatically applies "extend right" when plugging in a new device (like it used to before the OSD) for immediate "cable is working" feedback and then asks the user to change it, if desired
 * Finished my patchset for automatic do not disturb mode with mirrored screens, please review: D22856 D22857
 * Restored mouse keyboard navigation feature (move cursor with numpad)
 * Wasn't implemented in the libinput mouse KCM
 * It's handled on our side by kaccess (and not evdev or libinput) so I moved that setting to Accessibility KCM
 * Fixed some multi-screen woes
 * Breeze splitter not working well with multi-screen and high dpi scaling
 * Yakuake is completely borked here because it does manual panel strut calculation but wasn't in the mood yet to look into it
 * Please review D22888 D22596 D22569 D22506 D22213

bshah:

* Question about gitlab multiple project boards and replacement for notes.kde.org

Thanks

--
Bhushan Shah
http://blog.bshah.in