D20859: Crash in sddmthemeinstaller invalid use of errorString

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 29 20:25:49 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > You are saying "this" (parent window of dialog) is deleted out from under KMessageBox while it is in a waiting state?

  ~ish

  We know KJob calls deleteLater at the end of KJob::exec()
  We know KMessageBox spawns a new event loop
  I think it's deleting your job when that new event loop starts.

  Normally there is magic guarding of deferred deletion inside nested event loops.
  However because app.exec() isn't running, it's not nested, it's the primary event loop.

  But we can find out.

  put a breakpoint on  KAuth::ExecuteJob~ExecuteJob in gdb
  and try to trigger your crash.

REPOSITORY
  R123 SDDM Configuration Panel (KCM)