D20851: [Pager] Improve label legibility

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 26 21:50:37 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D20851#456932 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20851#456932>, @abetts wrote:

  > I agree with this too. Do you think it would be too weird of other methods are used? For example:
  >
  > - Use a more legible font that is independent from system font
  > - Use current system font 1 or 2 points bigger

  I don't think those would help. A part of the problem is that the label isn't on top; other things are on top of it. Just moving it to the top would help, The other part of the problem is that we need some way to ensure that the text has contrast with its background. It's a variant of the exact same problem we always have when we have text or icons floating on top of an arbitrary background. Every time we encounter this, the only feasible solution we have ever found is to give the text a background or a shadow.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop