D20830: Add hack to unbreak audio playback through pure JS via new Audio()

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 25 21:30:15 BST 2019

fvogt added a comment.

  I'm not sure why this is necessary - during `new Audio` the created object can't play anything by itself as `src` is not set.
  If just doing `createdAudio.paused = false` after the removeChild is not enough, is that because the DOM modifications are queued and executed after the audio started playing?

  Here I can let google translate speak and play the radio just fine, but neither of them are visible to pbi. So race condition, browser differences or bug?

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration