D20726: Call into native Media Session browser API if available

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 22 09:49:32 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, fvogt.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Since Chrome 73 it also supports Media Session also on the desktop.
  The calls are re-arranged since `setActionHandler` throws if passed an invalid action and in this case we don't want to register the callback either.
  Also, there's a new "skipad" action for a "Skip Ad" overlay in picture-in-picture mode [1] for which to work we need to call the native browser APIs.
  Also, since `MediaMetadata` is a proper class and not an `Object`, iterate its prototype rather than just stringifying it and adjust our shim to do the same.

  [1] https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/4749278882824192

TEST PLAN
  Tried this example [1] in Chrome, now get a "Skip ad" button in the PIP overlay.
  Firefox still works as before

  [1] https://googlechrome.github.io/samples/picture-in-picture/skip-ad.html

REPOSITORY
  R856 Plasma Browser Integration