D17105: Add a new lookandfeel runner

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Apr 18 19:36:53 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D17105#452140 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17105#452140>, @apol wrote:

  > Maybe what would make sense is to define an alternative Look and Feel theme for every theme, and have Breeze dark point at Breeze and vice-versa. This could then be easily toggled then from a keyboard or using fancy hardware.

  Stepping back, the primary (only?) use case here is defining a dark variant of a given color scheme or Plasma theme. I wonder if instead we should institutionalize this and instead allow each color scheme and Plasma theme to define a Dark variant.

  Then switching from light to dark and vice versa wouldn't involve switching between two different and unrelated color schemes or Plasma themes (e.g. Breeze and Breeze Dark); instead you would tell your current color scheme and Plasma theme to display their dark versions. Then we could fairly easily have a single place in the UI to switch between light and dark modes that would persist no matter which Plasma theme or color scheme you happen to be using, and that single place to change it could be scriptable or configurable to automatically change at different times of day.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons